Licensing music can be expensive, tricky and frustrating. The Music Mill's Bruce Tweedie is here to help navigate that.
Join us at The Mill and let Bruce help you navigate the complex world of commercial music licensing, answering questions like:
- What's possible? How can you check if a song is available and affordable before pitching it?
- What are the basic steps involved in finding a song, getting approval, and having it ready in time?
- What's all this music industry jargon? Do I need to learn another language?
- Why are songs so expensive, and why is it taking so long?
- Why can't you get the song you want? Why did the artist say no?
- Why does it sometimes turn into a nightmare? What can go wrong? How can we reduce the risks?
- What is the best approach to searching for songs?
Bruce has shared this presentation all over Australia with overwhelmingly positive feedback, and we're excited to welcome him to Adelaide next month.
Tickets are limited, and include a drink on arrival. Grab one before we're all out!
Wednesday, June 15
The Mill, 154 Angas Street
$20 for Members
$30 for Non-Members
Your ticket includes a drink
Bruce Tweedie & Music Mill
Bruce & his partner Clare own and operate Music Mill - a music supervision company that has been delivering music search and sync licensing services to the Asia Pacific Region since 1999. During that time Music Mill has licensed well over $100M worth of songs, completed many thousands of sync licence negotiations and carried out numerous successful searches for songs to fit advertising campaign briefs.
Over the years Bruce has become a highly respected specialist – the longest serving participant in any music supervision company specialising in advertising campaigns anywhere in the Asia Pacific. He is a deep subject matter expert in the complex niche of songs for advertising, and his educational sessions have been acclaimed at advertising agencies across Australia.